Thursday, January 12, 2006

Proposals, Initiatives, etc

Got exciting news that I will be presenting at a proposal presentation for a priority account! Said yes and now, just have to make sure my mind thinks the same! Talk about a MAJOR step out of my comfort zone! Presentations aren't my kinda thing, let alone one to clients which involves winning more work! *Gulp* Fingers crossed, it'll be fine....! It is a great piece of work and the role carved out for me (should we win), ensures a steep learning curve and travel which is excellent!

Also said yes to a new initiative from the Firm around graduate recruitment and the link with Partner Firms. Again, it sounds like another great initiative to be involved in, and to be one of the first to drive this forward too! Better watch what I keep saying yes to, or it may backfire. All these great initiatives and not being able to spend time to do them well.

Just marked a Graduate Assessment exercise. Am I glad I don't have to do that anymore (the exercises, I mean... not marking them!)! Completing application forms, graduate interviews and assessment centres can be rather exhausting. Best not speak too soon about not having to do these, in case I mess up the proposal presentation and end up having to look for jobs elsewhere!

No comments: