Saturday, February 11, 2006

Mystery comment leads to memories from Aitken!

"Mr & Mrs Chan" left a comment on my blog and it didn't sound like a random comment. Several people's names went through my head as I tried to figure out who it was. Finally checked links to their blog (yes, should've done it in the first instance but I like the odd (only very odd, mind you) challenge to my memory ;) ) and who should it be but Jennifer! Now, isn't that a blast from the past! Must admit, her name wasn't one of the few I had thought off for "Mr & Mrs Chan" because I knew her in her maiden name.....

My uni flatmate, whom I've been rubbish at keeping in touch with! Super-duper gal! Independent, strong-willed and definitely not one you want to cross! Miss the Aitken days, Jen! Cooking, eating, playing cards, eating, setting 'cleaning duty rotas', eating and getting through 'flat politics'! *) Did I mention eating?

This photo was us meeting up in Singapore (despite both of us from the same hometown in Malaysia!) - the first time we met up after four years, and turned out to be the only time as that was two years ago and being in almost-opposite ends of the world mean it's difficult to just get together whenever we feel like it. Shame. I do miss our talks about nothing-anything-and-everything (and lots about doggies!).

Also in the pic are Uncle and Aster. Uncle isn't really my Uncle but we called him that because he was the oldest in B's flat. A fantastic cook! Always the 'voice of reason', but one who also knows how to party! One of the memories (which I'm sure Uncle is going to kill me for!) is Uncle trying to open his room door after having a few too many to drink. I won't elaborate more - suffice to say that it took a while.... hehehe.... Sorry, Uncle! I'm still lucky that I can taste Uncle's yummy home cooked food as he came back to UK with Aster last year. :)

Anyways, check out their blogs - links on the left hand side of this page.

2 comments:

zhenwei said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
zhenwei said...

Wau, sabo me yeah...So lucky that I had told Auntie about that long long time ago. hehe!