Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Is it only Tuesday?

Can't believe it's only Tuesday. *Sigh* Three more days to the weekend.

Two days; enough time for two assignments go pear-shaped. That will teach me to complain about being bored. I really shouldn't complain about doing less than 40hours a week for the first time in 4 years, therefore really shouldn't feel so guilty for doing it for 3 consecutive weeks. I really should have enjoyed the quiet for a bit instead of complaining about the quiet and trying (far too successfully) to do more. Have I gone mad such that if I actually get to go home on time for a whole week, I feel like the pace is too slow?

And now, it has been a manic start to the week. Thanks to my inept sense of direction which got me completely lost on Monday. Thanks to a heavily-accented peer from a different department who is oblivious to her heavy accent, lightning-speed-speeches (because she doesn't seem to include punctuations in her speech) and constant interruption of others, which in combination means she is incomprehensible. Oh, plus she gets the basic process of how it should work totally wrong yet makes wild and uninformed assumptions to back them up and insists she's right. Not only incomprehensible but a nightmare to deal with too. Thanks to another job on a system not doing what it should (should get used to that by now, I guess!). Thanks to.... Stop stop stop

*Sigh* Enough ranting. Will shut up in future about quiet pace of work. But I know I can't. I get bored. Look on the bright side.....at least this incomprehensible and nightmarish person is (only) the second person in my five years with this firm whom I would like to steer clear of in future. Also, I now know the way to the client. And I have an enthusiastic team member to sort out the system not doing what it should do and get the evidence we need. And....it's only three more days to the weekend....

Hope it looks up over the next few days..... I doubt so though. Sigh. Three more days to weekend. (Do I sound like a broken record yet) Two more weekends to start of my Xmas holidays..... Not that anyone's counting......

1 comment:

Jollivet said...

"Good Lord. Is it ALREADY tuesday???" was written on my bewildered face the whole of yesterday. so much work so much work so much work before oslo. arggggggggh.