Tuesday, December 27, 2005

King Kong

Went to watch King Kong today. I enjoyed it overall. The start was rather slow, however, and I felt that there were parts that were there for the sake of putting in some special effects. A rather long movie (3 hours) which could have been condensed into 2 1/2 hours.

To me, the movie showcased how wrong people can be when they say humans are superior to animals in every aspect. How humans are actually driven by greed and superficiality. It made me sad watching the movie, as it reminded me of how loving and loyal my dogs were (Laddie and Fraulern are sadly no longer with us anymore *sob&*) and how they would very adorably guard us (maybe more Laddie, Fraulern was a lot more....'laid-back', shall we say).

Some argue that humans are the most intelligent species in the animal kingdom, mainly because we can think and express emotions. But is that really true? Maybe we are just cunning? Does loyalty mean anything to the human race these days? The wars that are going on - could they have been avoided if we had gone back to our basic principles?

At the end of the movie, one of the quotes was "Beauty killed the beast". I beg to differ. I think it was more "Human greed killed the beast" - not just in this movie, but in real life too.

No comments: